Presentations, Workshops, and Seminars
- Elder Mistreatment Kathleen Brown, PHD MSN RN (2003)
- Fraud and Abuse: Opportunities for the LNC Victoria Druding BS RN (2003)
- Psychiatric Diagnosis and the DSM IV in Litigation Matthew Ryan, PhD, QME (2005)
- From Start to Finish: Nursing Home Litigation Pat DiFiglio, RN, BSN (2005)
- The Role of Nutrition in Litigation and Clinical Outcome Janet McKee, MS, RD, LD (2004)
- Nursing Home Litigation Lorie Ann Brown JD MN RN (2002)
- Will present in the April 2007 national education conference on Forensic Issues in the Elderly. Speakers will address domestic violence in the elderly population, sexual assault examination and treatment issues for aging females, identifying elder abuse and neglect within the medical records, and the identification of abuse and neglect in geriatric settings.
Education Modules, Programs, and Learning Tools
- Developed a tool to assess participant knowledge acquisition regarding aging issues for geriatric education sessions. Developed a questionnaire to identify learning needs to be a basis for future programming by the AALNC.
- Will videotape national education sessions and make them available to all 52 chapters of the organization for use in the local market to further the education of nurses and broaden the accessibility of educational programs for nurses on issues in the aging population.